Seasonal changes and the rainy season is the time when most of the children fall sick. You know that your baby is sick. The may be having cough and cold or may be feeling a little uneasy. When you check on your baby, you feel that your baby is having a fever. The very first instinct that you have is to use the thermometer you have at your home. The same one that you use for yourself.
You may end up using the same, but this is not the right thing to do. There are baby specific thermometers that are available in the market and are really safe to use with the baby. Let us discuss the 8 best baby thermometers.
Types of Thermometers that are safe for the baby
Not all thermometers are safe to use for the baby. Especially those that are used by the adults are definitely not safe. There are different types of thermometers that are safe for kids depending on their age. These thermometers are
- Rectal thermometers
- Temporal artery (forehead) thermometers
- Armpit thermometers
- Oral thermometers
- Ear canal thermometers
The rectal thermometer is best to use for babies from 0 to 3 months. It is uncomfortable to use, but, it is the most accurate thermometers for infants. The rectal thermometer should have a flexible tip and a wide base so that they do not get inserted too far and cause damage to the babies inner body parts.
These thermometers are used for infants who are three months and up. The forehead thermometers are pretty costly. The temperature of the temporal artery present on the forehead is scanned and measured through infrared technology. These thermometers are used for infants more than 3 months of age. You do not need to touch the baby, these thermometers are safe and most convenient to use.
Ear canal thermometers
Ear canal thermometers are safe pretty safe and give an accurate reading of the temperature. But, they are somewhat difficult to use. They have to be placed at the exact position in the ear canal. These thermometers cannot be used for children under 12 months of age. The ear canals of these children may be too narrow to get the accurate reading.
Oral thermometers are safe and easy to use. You just need to place them under the tongue for few minutes and you get pretty accurate reading. These thermometers can be used for children above 4 years of age.
Armpit thermometers are the least invasive, but also they are highly inaccurate. They may be your last source to check the temperature if you do not get any other thermometer.
So, these are the types of thermometers that are safe for the baby. Now let us check out the 10 best baby thermometers.
8 best baby thermometers
Here is the list of 10 best baby thermometers that you can use without feeling nervous for your baby. These are some of the best digital baby thermometers that we can use.
Safety 1st gentle read rectal thermometer
The safety 1st gentle read rectal thermometer is a baby rectal thermometer that has very good features. These features include the following
- Flexible tip and over insertion guard
- stores the last reading and gives a beeping sound when complete
- has a replaceable long-life battery
- is cheap and affordable
cost: $ 729
You can get this product over here https://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Gentle-Rectal-Thermometer/dp/B004V2I0FU
Kinsa smartphone thermometer
The kinsa smartphone thermometer is one of the best baby thermometers, that can ever be used. It has the following fascinating features.
- The free app for this thermometer is available on Apple iTunes store or Google play store
- The thermometer is connected to the smartphone via the headphone jack
- maintains the track history of the temperature
- Gives highly accurate and gives color-coded results
- Compatible with most of the smartphones
- It reads in 10 seconds and is used for oral, rectal and underarm use.
This product is available at https://www.amazon.com/Kinsa-Smartphone-Thermometer-OLD-MODEL/dp/B00JUFZK5G
Exergen temporal artery thermometer
Exergen temporal artery thermometer is the best baby forehead thermometer. It is totally noninvasive and you can easily take the temperature even when the kid is asleep. Here are the following features of it
- Easy to use
- No probe covers required
- You do not need to poke the kid around
- It is highly accurate
You can purchase this product on the following link
Braun thermoscan ear thermometer
This is one of the very good baby ear thermometers that is used by a lot of people and at pediatrician’s office. It has the following features.
- This thermometer is fast easy and accurate
- It reads temperature within seconds
- It has innovative designs and easy to use controls
- This thermometer parts are really easy to clean and the sanitation can be made easily
This product is available at the following link https://www.amazon.com/Braun-Thermoscan3-Thermometer-Toddlers-Temperature/dp/B01MA1S4SM/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1542893979&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=braun+thermoscan+ear+thermometer&psc=1
Vicks baby rectal thermometer
Vicks baby rectal thermometer has the following features
- made up of plastic
- specially designed for rectal use
- has a large backlit display with LCD
- It comes with a lifetime warranty
- Designed for an age group of 0 to 3 years
- Displays reading in just 10 seconds
You can find the product at the following link
Metene medical forehead and ear thermometer
It has both the forehead and the eare mode. Which makes it easier to take the temperature of the baby in whichever manner you want. It can be switched from the ear mode to forehead mode.
- It can switch the detection from the forehead to ear mode.
- This equipment is highly accurate and reliable with advanced infrared technology
- The memory of about 20 readings
- It can provide an exact accurate reading in just 1 second.
- Money back guarantee and warranty of about 12 months
You can buy this thermometer at the following link
Templr body temperature thermometer
It is the temporal artery body temperature thermometer. It has the following features
- Reduced risk of contamination
- Has large water resistant backlist display
- Auto off function conserves battery life
- Uses 2 AAA batteries
Cost: $ 11.46
More details about the product are available on the following link
iProven medical ear thermometer with forehead function
This thermometer has a dual function. It is an ear thermometer that can also be used as a temporal thermometer. The thermometer has the following features
- You can choose between the ear and the forehead mode depending on your choice
- It is extensively clinically tested and FDA approved
- The display lights up in green, orange or red depending on the temperature of the kid
- It brings you pain-free measurements in just a few seconds.
You can buy this product from the following link
So these are a few baby thermometers that are really easy to use and are really helpful.